The NSW Government is currently offering the following waivers to primary producers. If you would like more information follow the links included or CALL Rural Financial Counselling Service who will be able to best advise the waivers applicable to you. 

Bee Site Permit

The NSW Government is waiving bee keeping fees for existing public bee site permits for the 2020-21 financial year.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions.

Agricultural Vehicle Registration

The NSW Government will provide assistance for vehicle registration costs for eligible primary producers.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions or visit the Service NSW website for more information.

Farm Innovation Fund Interest Charges

All existing Farm Innovation Fund customers, and all applicants who submitted on or before 30 June 2020, will have applicable interest charges for the 2018/19 and 2019/20 financial years refunded and waived.

You do not need to apply for this waiver as it will be automatically applied to FIF customers. 

Read the Frequently Asked Questions.

Grazing permit waiver

The NSW Government is waiving 2019 fees for existing grazing permit holders on National Parks land in the Riverina. You do not need to apply for this waiver as it will be automatically applied.

NSW Local Land Services Rates

The NSW Government is waiving all Local Land Service rates for 2021, following waivers in 2019 and 2020, including general rates and rates for animal health and pests, the meat industry levy and costs for routine stock moving permit and stock identification.

You do not need to apply for this waiver as it will be automatically applied to landholders when rates are normally collected.

Read the Frequently Asked Questions.

Water Licences

The NSW Government is continuing to provide financial assistance of up to $4,000 to all general security licence holders in NSW and to customers of Irrigation Corporations for the 2020-21 water year. The waiver will also apply to the 2019/20 water bills (which are issued in 2020/21) for unregulated river and aquifer access licence holders.

For the 2020-21 water year, the NSW Government will also provide a waiver of fixed water charges for domestic and stock and high security licence holders along those systems where regulated supplies are cut or restricted this water year. These areas are still being determined.

You do not need to apply for these waivers as they will be automatically applied to the next bill. WaterNSW is administering the waiver on fixed charges on behalf of the NSW Government.

Read the Frequently Asked Questions or contact WaterNSW on 1300 662 077 for more information.

Wild Dog Fence

The NSW Government will pay the annual Border Fence Maintenance, known as ‘dog rates’, which cover the NSW Border Fence for 2019,2020 and 2021. You do not need to apply for this waiver as it will be automatically applied to the eligible landholders.

Read the Frequently Asked Questions.

Law Society of NSW Legal Funding  

The Law Society of NSW has provisioned $50,000 to enable The Rural Financial Counseling Service to allocate grants to eligible clients for the purpose of legal assistance. Contact your Counsellor today to check your eligibility. 

Contact us today if you want high quality free, impartial & confidential assistance.

Scroll to Top